Mind-Body Training Tools - HEG Neurofeedback Module
HEG neurofeedback is an accessible means of training the "muscle" of the Prefrontal Cortex for improved executive function: better focus, concentration, short term memory and emotional resilience.
HEG applications design features:
- Feedback of rate of change - increasing and decreasing signal.
- Training periods - within-session shorter timed periods, allowing trainee to rest in between. Session reports can show clearly the effect of training (see graphic - training periods are yellow bands).
The Hemoencephalography (HEG) module contains the following applications:
- Includes some simple audio feedback options - tone, midi and threshold-based.
- Tone and midi feedback have auto-rescale feature - when the pitch drifts too high or low, it is reset to the middle of the range.
- Speed mode - video moves forward at a rate proportional to the signal's rate of change. When the signal drops, the video can either pause or optionally move backward. Designed for use with "flight" videos.
- Brightness mode - video dims when the HEG signal falls. Trainee must increase the signal to return to normal brightness.
- Threshold-based feedback, using HEG signal rate of change.
- DVD can be paused when signal drops (movable threshold)
- Audio feedback option - white noise interference is played when the HEG signal drops.
- Designed for use with audio books.
- White noise interference is played when the HEG signal drops.
HEG With Breathing
- Monitors both HEG and breathing.
- Audio feedback options: breathing tone, midi and threshold based.
- Designed for use in mindfulness practice - audio feedback warns when trainee drifts out of desired mind-body zone.